Directo a México is a very
competitive service in the money transfer market for
sending payments from the United States to Mexico. Benefits
- Payments processed by the central banks in both
- Certainty of payment process and time schedule.
- Certainty in fees, including the transfer and foreign
- Transparency for all participants.
- Next business day delivery of funds to the beneficiary in Mexico, by depositing them in a bank account or cashing the payment at any post office.
- Competitive transfer fees. Consumers using Directo a México pay one of the lowest fees (generally less than USD 5 for a transference between banking accounts).
- Competitive and transparent foreign exchange rate. The foreign exchange rate is taken from the FIX (inter-bank reference rate), which is calculated and published by the Banco de México, minus a 0.21% spread.
- The same fee and foreign exchange rate is used regardless of the amount transferred.
- Transparency. The foreign exchange rate applied and the original amount in dollars is informed in the beneficiary’s account statement. For example, in a 350 USD transfer, the beneficiary in Mexico can look at their statement the following legend:
correspond to the date when the payments are posted
US Dollars transferred
The funds are available to the beneficiary in Mexico on the next banking day.
Ease in receiving the funds for the beneficiary in Mexico
The beneficiary has two alternatives to access the funds:
- Via his/her bank account:
- Through any ATM (more than 35 thousand all over Mexico). Remember to use an ATM belonging to your bank to avoid fees.
- Paying with his/her debit card through Point of Sale Terminals in stores (more than 467 thousand in Mexico).
- Through a bank branch.
- Via the nearest post office:
- The beneficiary can go to any TELECOMM-TELÉGRAFOS branch.
- Any of the following IDs will be required to cash the payment: IFE card, passport, military record not more than 10 years old, Certificate of Consular, or INAPAM card
- The unique transference number (16 digits), informed to the beneficiary by the sender (sample below):